Nashville Lifestyles Magazine just gave us the loveliest housewarming gift! A four page spread on our very own, new house!
At the end of last year, we packed up and moved to Beverly, Brentwood, that is. Our 1982 brick colonial got a spruce up before we unpacked, and the magazine was standing by the show off the changes! The uber-talented Shannon Fontaine took these gorgeous pics…
Foyer and entry hall
Formal Living Room
Here they are in all their glossy goodness!
Nashville Lifestyles Magazine
Well, there is no denying it, we LOVE the South. We have beautiful weather, great people, and of course…elegant architecture. So to celebrate our love of all things southern, Redo is hosting an upscale book signing of “Coming Home; The Southern Vernacular House” by James Lowell Strickland, Kevin Clark and the Partners of Historic Concepts. So without further ado….here are the top 10 reasons you should come to Redo Home & Design on May 3rd for our fabulous book signing event:
- It’s on the same night as the Franklin Art Crawl; amazing art, lots of wine, yummy food.
- There will be a drawing to win a free signed copy of “Coming Home.”
- Someone will also win ONE FREE HOUR OF FREE DESIGN. (come on people, that’s an $80 value)
- You will meet lots of new friends and neighbors.
- You can brag that you met the author of a really awesome book.
- You can show off your cute new spring sandals.
- We will have catered food AND cocktails.
- Perfect for a night out with your friends.
- Walking up and down Main street will burn off enough calories to enjoy the wine and food, guilt free.
- It is better than sitting home watching re runs of Downton Abbey
Here at Redo we’ve been keeping busy with all kinds of fun projects….even during these loooong, dreary, winter months. What’s our secret, you may wonder? Well aside from some fantastic clients (see Lori’s amazing before and after post), our designers have been working on a few spec houses with some amazing and talented local builders!
As you already know, Mitzi has paired up with Gregg and Rains to lend her creative eye to the many many important details that come with building a new house. I’ve even had the privilege of playing design-assistant to her while shopping for the perfect tile. Who knew that so much work goes into planning out tile alone?!
But something we haven’t yet shared with you is that Christine has also recently teamed up with Kole Custom Home Builders to work on a brand new spec house in the Arrington area. She has helped to pick finishes for the kitchen and the wall covering for the powder room. In case you haven’t gotten the memo, wallpaper is back, and in a big way! And it’s not your Grandma’s wall paper. Even a subtle pattern like the one pictured below makes a huge impact! And how about that dream kitchen? The snowy white makes this gorgeous space feel even more open and magical.
For more information about the house pictured, contact Jessica Johnson at Jessica@villagerealestate.com
- Bailey (Redo Shop Girl/Store Manager)
Excited to share our latest project in our most favorite way…
We started with a beautiful room in a beautiful home… and made changes from top to bottom.
Our first order of business was addressing the massive window wall. We added moldings to define the space between the rows, and make a more natural place for the drapery hardware. Camille Moore made our gorgeous 1.5 width panels trimmed in flocked pompoms with coordinating romans with the same trim.
Furniture selection and arrangement felt effortless. The quiet palette felt right from the beginning and the pieces all fell into place. A beautiful space that’s elegant for entertaining, but durable for kids and the most lovable yellow lab (and delightful design assistant, Buster).
We are guest blogging with our friends over at Nashville’s Interior Canvas. Click on through to the loo!
This is the new year, ya’ll. And I am excited about a new endeavor working with GreggRaines Builders. Alex Gregg and Jake Raines seem to love what they do, so that makes it a great fit for me. They are building homes in one of Franklin’s newest neighborhoods, Berry Farms. Check out their web site and see what is ” up and coming ” in our fair city. This week I have been picking paint, granite, and cabinets for the spec house, and next week I am moving on to lighting..
From now until December 22nd, all in stock home accessories and wall art (excluding local vendors) are 15% off!!!
Come by before our little shop runs out of goodies!!
There are exactly two weeks and four days until Christmas. Here at Redo, we haven’t wasted anytime getting in the spirit! We’ve been hard at work on our holiday projects to make our store feel magical! Take a look at some of our favorites:
We’re pretty proud of this Christmas tree shaped stack of presents! Sorry kids, those boxes are empty.
We think it’s pretty awesome how these presents seem to float in our side window as if by magic! A little fishing line goes a long way.
How much easier could this project be? We wrapped pine cones in colorful yarn! If you want to attempt this craft, and you decided to gather pine cones rather than buy them, be sure to cook them to kill any critters that might be hanging out inside!
We made these festive tassels out of embroidery thread! What a cute way to dress up Mr. Deer for Christmas!
As you can tell, we got into wrapping things in string. We simply wrapped embroidery thread around these taper candles and sealed it with a little bit of wax. We think it adds a little something special.
We hung giant wooden letters to spell “HO HO” in our front window!
Come on in to the store to see the rest of our Holiday Decor!
When it comes to your safety, and even more, the safety of your children and loved ones, you can never be too careful in this perilous world. At Redo, we understand this completely. That’s why we’ve taken your concerns into consideration and put ourselves in harm’s way to finally put the rumors and lingering suspicions to rest. After conducting a harrowing experiment that involved knocking a chalkboard over onto a nest shaped basket, we are happy to report that our findings are good: The bright blue, gorgeous dino eggs in our store do not in fact, contain baby dinosaurs. You can now, with no concern of being attacked, or what’s worse, being presented with one more mouth to feed, buy and enjoy decorating with these eggs. Breathe freely, Middle Tennessee. And buy dinosaur-free dino eggs.
Every year it seems that the gifting season has a way of sneaking up on us before we even see it coming! From stocking stuffers, to big presents, to hostess gifts, that list can seem endless. At Redo we have everything from unique, readymade, pick-up-and-go gifts, to one of kind, customizable gifts made by local artisans. Take a looks at our Must Gift List!
- Established Sign. We have both Established 2012 and 2013 in stock in a variety of neutrals. They are also available to custom order for a little bit extra with any year, and your choice of colors. They make wonderful gifts for new parents, newlyweds, new home owners, and new businesses owners. You name it! Giant wooden letters as well as other adorable wall signs including the popular “In this house” sign are also in stock and available to custom order!
- Reindeer Wine Toppers. These unique wine toppers are the perfect hostess gift! But don’t feel bad about buying one for yourself! They make a wonderful decoration! These are a hot item this year!
- Books. We have an assortment of wonderful gifty books, including some childhood favorites, design books, and the Kate Moss books pictured!
- Bird and Book bookends. These are going fast. A perfect add on to the perfect book, these white bookends with a variety of tastes and styles.
- Subway Signs. Available framed and unframed, these subway posters (made by a local artisit) are the perfect gift for current or former Middle Tennessee residents. We have both Franklin and Nashville versions in stock, but you can also order a custom sign with all of your favorite places!
- Tiny Chalkboards. Here at Redo, we have chalkboard fever. From tiny chalkboards perfect for leaving notes, serving as table numbers, or place cards, to sandwich stands and giant framed boards that cannot wait to live in your mudroom or kitchen.
- Candles. Scent is a powerful part of memory, so when you give one of our cozy holiday scented candles, you’re not just giving a tangible gift, you’re conjuring up a lifetime of good memories and building new ones!
- Bone Frames. What is classier than black and white? We have a variety of gorgeous frames, including three different styles of black and white bone frames. We also have a large selection of intricate, vintage style frames crafted by one of our very talented local artists.
- Bible Verse Signs. What is more special than giving a meaningful bible verse to a loved one? We have a selection of wall hangings created by a local artist, with screen printed bible verses, in an updated, clean style.
- Bottle Openers. We have a lovely little bar accessories section full of charming bottle openers, trays, and wine toppers that make perfect stocking stuffers and hostess gifts
There is more where those came from! Come on in and take a look around, and feel free to chat with one of our friendly Shop Girls about other gift or decorating ideas!!